Friday, August 29, 2008

Congratulations to Tyler Lopez!

While reading the Roseville Press-Tribune last night, I came upon an article that filled me with immense pride:

School News & Notes

Woodcreek grad enters doctorate program

Roseville resident Tyler Steven Lopez has been accepted to attend the University of San Diego to pursue a jurisdoctor.

Lopez graduated from Woodcreek High School in 2002. In 2006, he graduated from UC San Diego with a major in management science and a minor in political science. He was a member of Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity.

Tyler is the son of Debbie and Fabian Lopez and brother to Ashlee, Kelsie and Larra.

I know Tyler's parents, we all went to high school together. Deb is an incredibly kind, warm-hearted, and fun loving person. She embraces life fully and is not afraid of a challenge.

I have always admired Deb and Fabian's parenting skills and their focus on allowing their children to grow into strong minded, highly productive, mature, responsible adults.

My hat is off to Deb and Fabian for raising GREAT children.

Congratulations to TYLER!
Along with feeling very proud of you, I have to admit, this article made me feel "OLD." I remember this child as a baby and dragging him with us to high school football games. I remember him in elementary school with our niece, Jessica. I remember him in junior high and graduating from high school. He has always been a special kid.

No comments: