Wednesday, August 13, 2008

under the covers giggle...

Now, now! Get your mind out of the gutter. This is a public blog, and anyone could read what I am posting if they wanted to.

Last night it was still really warm out when we headed off to bed and in the interest of trying to conserve energy and make the dollar stretch farther, I have the thermostat set at 81*. For those of you who really know me, you know that is about 15 - 20* higher than I really prefer it to be in my house. I like to be cool, not cold ~ but cool. So, anyway, as I was saying it was a warm night. I folded all the covers back and just lightly covered up with the sheet. Russ of course did the same.

Around 3:30 this morning, I rolled over, and being slightly chilly grabbed a bit more of the sheet than I had been in possession of. I snuggled into the sheet and started to drift back off to slumber land. WHOOOM! The sheet was ripped off me!

Russ loudly complained, "You have all the sheet! I want my share back." Mind you of the king sized sheet, I had less than 1/4 of the entire thing. But, trying to be a kind and courteous wife of almost 18 years, I gave him what little sheet I had and reached for one of the other covers which had been at the foot of the bed last night.

Hmmm.... no covers at the foot of the bed. I cracked the blinds a teeny bit so I could actually see the bed. All the folded back covers had fallen off of the bed, and the one remaining sheet, well ...
Russ was wrapped in it like a pig in a blanket, with the unused edge trailing off the bed and onto the floor on his side.

I guess we know who the true sheet thief was ~ Russell!

No comments: