Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rants and Raves

I am climbing on my soapbox for a moment.....

Gay / Lesbian marriage: Why? Why does this have to be legal? I am not overly religious, so this is not from a religious perspective. But I do fully believe and support that marriage is between a MAN and a WOMAN and that a true family is built from that basic foundation.

I believe that everyone has a right to love and be loved and to choose the person they fall in love with. I believe that if you want to engage in a same sex relationship that is your business, and your choice. But, it should be deemed a relationship.

Allow the state of holy matrimony to remain a sacred state between a MAN and a WOMAN. This is what happens when there is a separation of church and state, and we forget to live as "One nation, under God!"

No comments: