Tuesday, July 22, 2008

bringing home the bacon

I already hate to go to the grocery store. I feel like my dollar just does not stretch far enough as it is, and now it sounds like it is not going to get any cheaper anytime soon.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=45153&catid=2

Mind you, I do not blame the stores, they have to make a living and provide a wage for their employees just like everyone else does.

Guess I will be clipping more coupons, and trying to make certain I am shopping smart. The higher prices could definitely lead to one good thing, I could lose those extra pounds.

Manda and I made a great salad for dinner last night:

3 cups Lettuce,
1 cup Shredded carrots,
2 sliced Cucumber,
1 diced Avocado,
2 fresh peaches (chopped into bite sized pieces),
2 Aidelle's chicken burgers (chopped into bite sized pieces),
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2/3 cup Catalina dressing

It was scrumptious! Russ of course settled for a basic salad and a ham sandwich.

No comments: