Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oh what a beautiful morning!

....... the sun is shining, the air is warm, but not yet too hot, and there is a slight breeze teasing my senses.

This weekend is going to be fast and furiously fun. On Saturday morning we'll make the mad dash up and over the hill into Reno and then onto Carson City where we will be celebrating my brother Randy's birthday.

Randy is the best brother. I love him so much, and I enjoy going to see him. He has rebuilt his life and is living happily. I have to admit that 8 years ago I would have never believed this could happen, and in fact, I expected to have to "wash my hands" of him for good.

I love being proved wrong! And I love being Randy's little sister. He makes me laugh, makes me think, and reminds me to appreciate the little things in life which are important: family, love, laughter and the strength to pick your self up after a fall.

Happy almost birthday to my favorite brother!

No comments: