Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I am so bummed ...

.... and actually bummed does not even begin to cover it!

Yesterday morning, the prong on my eternity ring broke and I lost the top center diamond.
I have looked, searched, looked and searched until I can no longer search. I am heartbroken!

My wedding set is a three piece set that means the world to me. There is nothing flashy, or ostentatious about it, and I am sure many people would think I am upset over nothing. But, Russ gave me each piece with love and that means the entire world to me.

My engagement ring is a beautiful marquis cut blue topaz set into a v - shaped 14k ring. On each side of the topaz are 3 tiny diamonds. I love this ring the very most. It is not a traditional engagement ring, but I like to think that it shows that our love is true blue. Russ gave it to me on my 23rd birthday (after we had only been dating for 4 months) and told me he hoped that our future would be never ending. He hoped that I would always love the simple person he is. And I do!

My wedding band is a very simple, very old fashioned 14k band. I love that it is just this very traditional gold band. When he placed it on my finger during our ceremony, I felt like a bride, shy, loved and cherished ~ branded by the wedding band my husband placed on my finger. I know, that is slightly barbaric in my thought process, but I do belong to my husband. I am his wife; his partner in life and his to love, forever.

When Manda was born two years later, Russell gave me my eternity band. It has marquis cut diamonds in a raised setting and is delicate and sweet, just like my engagement ring. We placed the eternity band between my engagement ring and my wedding band as a symbol of our love for the daughter we had been blessed with. The three pieces are beautiful together and have created a look that is unique as each marriage is.

My wedding rings are a symbol of the three most important stages of our life together:

  • our belief that we loved each other and were fully committed after just 4 short months of knowing each other
  • our marriage just 10 short months after meeting
  • the birth of our miracle child whom we love

So, it'll be off to the jewellery store to have my eternity band fixed. My hand feels naked with out it.

No comments: