Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I am

.... Proud to be an American!

Yes, today is historic in that it is a Presidential Inauguration day; and it is historic as our first African American president is being sworn in.

But whether our new president is African American, or made of Popsicle sticks and covered with green felt and pink dots really does not matter to me. What matters to me is whether our president can shepard this country through troubled times using respect and dignity.

What matters to me is that our freedom remains part and parcel of each and every American, and that all people are treated with respect, dignity and understanding, and that we all learn to "get along" side by side, accepting each person for who they are.

What matters to me is freedom of speech and the belief that my child will have a future to look forward to. A future where she continues to have the right to work hard in school to prepare for her future, and to attend the best college possible to help her reach her goals and dreams.

What matters to me is the future. A future where we can all continue to make our own choices, and live our lifes.

What matters to me is that I am an American. I have the freedom to live my life with honesty, respect and spirituality. I have the freedom to be me, and that is a treasure I often take for granted.

Congratulations to our 44th president; Barack Obama

May God bless us with a president who guides his country with pride and respect.

No comments: