Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Have you ever ...

... had one of those nights where you have a "ton" of "things" that "have to get done" but none of them end up getting done?

I did last night! I had so much stuff on my "To Do" list, but none of it got done. I had been battling a headache all afternoon, and by the time I picked up Manda and she drove us home, the headache was taking over. (I hate it when a head ache wins!)

Knowing that Manda was hungry, had homework to do and needed to be in bed before 11:30, and that there was no way I was cooking, we stopped at KFC and picked up chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy. We got home, added a green salad and ate a nice warm dinner.

My head was pounding, and I really wanted to tackle my "To Do" list, so I ice packed my neck and shoulders, sat in the recliner and put my feet up, figuring that after a 1/2 hour of ice I'd be able to function. That was until the cat jumped up into my lap and snuggled in for his after dinner cat nap.

So much for my "To Do" list! The cat and I both fell asleep. Manda woke me about thirty minutes later when my ice packs were starting to melt. I woke up long enough to kiss my sweet daughter good night and zombie walked down the hall to bed.

It was only 8:00 pm! Oh well .... off to zombie land sleep my headache and I went.

Too bad I still have the headache. I slept well though.

No comments: