Monday, February 9, 2009

YUM!

So after the dance dress rehearsal last night, Manda was craving pasta. Our favorite is tortellini Alfredo. We had a family sized refrigerated package of tortellini, but only a teeny bit of Alfredo sauce.

Hmmm.... what to do?


Get creative.

I decided that balance and nutrition could suffer this time, and I grabbed a stick of butter, two fresh cloves of garlic, a can of evaporated milk and 2 cups of freshly grated Colby-jack cheese.

In a nice hot frying pan, I began by melting the butter, then I minced the garlic and tossed that into the melting butter. Next I decided to add two teaspoons of dry mustard, and the can of evaporated milk. I warmed that to a slow rolling bubble - not quite a boil, and then tossed in the grated Colby jack cheese, and a can of sliced mushrooms.

It started to smell divine, so I turned it down and allowed it to simmer for about 15 minutes while we boiled and drained the tortellini.

Yum!!!!

I have to say - it was pretty delicious. It was really rich, so a little bit of pasta and sauce went a long way.

No comments: