Friday, January 8, 2010

I've got a Pointer Sisters tune playing

...in my head that is!!!

"I'm so EXCITED!!!!!"

Why is that tune looping in my head, and why am I excited?? Because I signed up for my first SU4Me swap of the new year!!!! After having an emotional breakdown early last year, I am finally ready to jump back into life.

And, I have scheduled the first stamp party for our lil stampin cult of friends on January 21!!!! Oh yea!!!! I can not tell you how much each of the women in this group of friends mean to me.

We may just be a bunch of Carmen's SU groupies --- but they are such wonderful women.

Yes! Life may have changed, my budget may been stretched to the absolute limit, but I refuse to be depressed and feel unworthy of enjoying life. My God has taught me that I am ok. I can be happy with "enough" and be happy in who I am.

Whoo hooo!!!!! That is right, I am feeling like it is time to dive back into me, and relish and enjoy the creative side of who I like to be. I am determined that this year is going to be a much better year than last, and that I am going to be in control of who I am and how I feel about me.

How am I going to do this?? By faith.

That is right. By my faith in God, and by living my life with Him in control, I am going to LIVE my life!!

I can achieve my wants, needs, desires and dreams simply by turning my fears, worries and concerns over to God and letting Him guide me. With God, all things are possible, and I know that happiness is one of the greatest blessings He shares with us.

Maybe happiness seems like it should be "given" to us, but I believe that happiness is a blessing from God. I believe that He gives us what we need to be happy. I am blessed to have happiness, and I am blessed to be secure in my Christianity and know that I can walk with God.

I am excited that I can be happy and feel like being me. Being me is important. It means that I am living life how I feel it should be lived, and that I am not ashamed to be who I am. Who I am is not more important than who others are, but who I am means being true to my beliefs and feelings and not having to pretend that life is perfect.

This quote came over in a Facebook "chain" letter of fun. I really liked it, and found it appropriate to what I was blogging about right now, so - here it is:

'May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others.. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are.. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us..'

I am me. And, today - I am EXCITED!!

No comments: